Monday, January 21, 2013

Infopath: An error occurred querying a data source. 7893

I got below error on any of the infopath form used in any of the webapplication on sharepoint farm. Behavior of this error was quite confusing as sometime infopath form works and sometime it gives error.

An error occurred querying a data source.
Click OK to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors.
Hide error details

An error occurred querying a data source.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
Log ID:7893
Correlation ID:473c9412-XXXX-4dd7-xxxx-1f497707bd44

 After spending hours and hours of research even i was not able to solve issue. At last i tried below steps and whola it worked. infopath 7893 error solved.


1) I change the User profile service running application pool identity to someone who had access in the user profile service sharing.
Following are the steps..

Go to application server (in case of 3-tier architecture) or on server where userprofile service is running.
Go to IIS >> Applicaiton pools >> Sharepoint web services Root >> Advance settings

 In advance settings change Identity to domain user. Recycle the pool in order to apply change.

2) Make sure the account has accessed in user profile service sharing.
 Go to central admin >> Manage service applications >> User Profile Service Application

This will resolve issue in most of cases. if incase issue is not resolve, please check below solution:

3) Increased the Data connection Timeouts in Configure Infopath  Services

Go to Central Admin >> General Application Settings >> InfoPath Forms Services >> Configure InfoPath Forms Services.    Now increase data connection timeout.

4)  created a wakeup script to target http://rootsite/_vti_bin/UserProfileService.asmx

you can find IIS Warmup scripts here:

This four steps will solve the issue permanently.
Hope this helps!!

Viral Shah

Contact me


Email *

Message *

Total Pageviews